I need help to use File sharing with links

Hello,

I have my TS-462 for years now and it work perfectly.

Recently, I would like to share a big archive with a friend and I discover that I could use File Sharing from File Station 6.

I’ve configured that properly, added a rule in my reverse proxy and a subdomain in my domain, a record in the DDNS part of the nas and I’ve tried to share it. The feature seems to work, the link are generated using my external URL, and when I use it, I got the download page. The problems start there:

  • If I click Download on the file line, I have a 404 error
  • If I click Download All, it produces a zip and it downloads

But I already have a huge rar file, I don’t want File Station 6 to create a new huge zip with the same size and single file inside before even launching the download…

I’m not sure what I misconfigured? Is it really not possible to use this feature behind a reverse proxy?

The strangest part is that I’ve tried to use the local link, with the local ip and the port… and it does the same! Same 404, even with a local url… So it should no be a reverse-proxy issue…

From there I don’t know what to look exactly…

Have you guys already had this kind of issue?

Please never ever ever ever forward WAN ports to your NAS.

Look into cloudlink if you want to share files…you don’t want malware infecting your NAS.

I don’t think I really want my traffic to go through Qnap infrastructure. But as I said the traffic is going through a reverse proxy… And that’s even the cause of the link not working because even the internal ones don’t work.

Just run a container with nextcloud on that NAS.

Oh so basically, it is an known issue? Does Next cloud allow to share specific files already present on the nas or you have to re-upload the files and have duplicates? I already tried Pingvin and it has a separated folder and you cannot share existing file…