I’m trying to use pCloud as a cloud storage option on my QNAP NAS — ideally for both synchronization and backup purposes. However, I’ve run into an issue: it seems that pCloud requires 2FA to be disabled in order to connect via QNAP’s Hybrid Backup Sync or other apps.
Is there any way to integrate pCloud with QNAP while keeping two-factor authentication enabled? I’d prefer not to compromise on security just to get the sync working.
Has anyone found a workaround or alternative method to achieve this?
I use pCloud too, as it is one of the few cloud storage providers that still offers a lifetime option. But it does NOT provide an API that QNAP can not officially integrate it into HBS, so I have to use WebDAV for the connection.
I also found that if 2FA is enabled on pCloud, connecting from HBS on QNAP NAS will be failed. I can accept that WebDAV is only available to paid users, but this 2FA issue is a bit annoying. Hope anyone know a workaround for it.
I faced the same issue (QNAP NAS / pcloud account) using webdav through HBS. As you say, it will work without 2FA but enable 2FA in pcloud and your NAS just throws loads of error messages.
Clearly we don’t want to disable 2FA, but there is another way, and although it’s not as simple as using the NAS GUI, it is well-documented and easy to setup. If you’re comfortable using SSH to connect to your NAS then you can use software called RCLONE - https://rclone.org/. It is widely regarded and widely used and can make a connection to just about anything. Even though you need to use the Linux command line, installation and configuration is super-easy, and it has a pcloud connection option built in: pCloud