Zip-Tie for RAM ? Warranty or Transport thing ?

Hi,

I have question about QNAP NAS I got recently (Ts-h2477AUX-7-32G) and I noticed that RAM stick inside box is ZIP-tied around 32GB slot of RAM is ZIP tied with plastic ZIP-tie?

Is that something in factory done for transport purposes so that RAM doesn’t stick out while UPS delivery across world? OR is some kind of “warranty VOID” trick, so I can’t remove RAM stick (for adding more if I like ?).

So, long story short should I cut/remove that ZIP-tie or it has to stay?
Check the photo

Thanks

Probably just done to prevent those clips from opening.

Ok, that was my assumption/hope as well but wanted to ask first.
So basically i should “cut” that ZIP-tie before use.

Thanks

That Zip-tie should not impede usage, so you could leave that in place as well.

If you want to swap the RAM, it would need to go of course (make sure you retain the original RAM)